This final recipe looked nothing like the picture in the book. I definitely need a do-over on this one. First of all, I didn’t have the proper tool. I tried using a hand-held vegetable peeler, but the pieces were way too thin. So I got out my mandolin and used the slicer blade, but those pieces were too think. Having the right tool can make all the difference in the outcome.
Here are my sliced carrots before cooking them. Nothing like the “ribbons” described in the directions.
I ended up with way more sauce than what was in the picture. The recipe said to use 6 to 8 ounces of cream cheese, so I just tossed in the entire 8 ounce bar. I will definitely cut that back next time.
A very unique flavor unlike any carrot dish I’ve had before. It was easy and quick to make.